Are you moving this fall? Here are a few tips on how to avoid missteps during your move:
Many moving horror stories involve rogue or incompetent movers.
The good news is that there is an easy way to avoid bad movers. All you need to do is carefully research your movers before hiring them to make sure you are dealing with licensed and experienced professionals you can trust. It’s also a good idea to purchase appropriate insurance for your belongings, just in case. We recommend reading reviews online to get a sense of the business ethic and their team.
Heavy traffic or road accidents can also turn your move into a real nightmare.
Of course, there’s nothing you can do to prevent traffic accidents or breakdowns. But you can at least reserve a parking place directly in front of your old and new homes, and choose a moving company that has experienced drivers and several moving vehicles in good condition.
The only way to avoid problems when moving house is to plan each phase of your relocation adventure in meticulous detail and stay one step ahead all the time. Otherwise, you may find yourself facing any of the following all-too-common moving ordeals.
Consider purchasing boxes, tape, labels, markers, and furniture covers from us! Furniture covers protect your treasured pieces of furniture. And, organizing items into boxes with labels makes it super easy to unload and organize in your new home.
Why rent self-storage from us?
- Professional, friendly staff on site seven days a week
- We will suggest the RIGHT size unit for the items you are storing
- We do not charge an admin fee
- We answer all phone calls, voice mails and emails in a timely manner
- Our facility is on a busy route with visibility, security cameras and lighting
- Our facility is clean, and maintained year round
- We shovel your unit door when it snows!
- Each and every unit undergoes maintenance once vacated
- Easy, roll up doors
- We sell packing supplies (our disc locks have a lifetime warranty)
- Rent U-Haul on site with us, or for pick-up anywhere in the seacoast
- We offer online payments and auto pay, and email invoicing
- We have a referral program (ask us about it)!
- Insurance option offered to customers without insurance, storsmart insurance